Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Flea Market Addiction Continues

Like the title says, I really can't get enough of these things. Today I drove 30 minutes from our town just to go to one!! But it's a German holiday so everything (EVERYTHING!!!) else is closed so there really was little else to do.

The mart didn't seem to promising at first, but then once I made my second round a little German woman pulled me aside, brought me to her car, and started showing me piles and piles of fabric. She didn't speak in English but we got the gist of what we were each trying to say. I ended up buying quite a few little things from here--for around 20 Euro total. She seemed pretty happy about it and kept saying what I think was "all this for you! just for you!" Hahaha. Anyways, here is my new loot. I have a few fun ideas on where to put the stuff so I'll keep you posted.

This strip of tan lace. Still figuring out what to do with it.


This big piece of embroidered linen. I think it would look pretty in our room with that green bedding...I'll take a photo if it works out.



This big white embroidered table cloth. I picture it outside this summer while we drink mojitos.

I really thought this was a pretty piece. You can't really tell in the photo but the birds are more of a fluorescent color. Again, not quite sure where to use it but I have some ideas.


I also bought these two banners from the lady for 2 Euro each. This first one says "Spaziert Herein" which means "Come In", "Stroll In", "Walk In", etc etc. I have it hanging inside by our front door. The second says "GrĂ¼ss Gott", which is similar to the English "God Bless" but more literally translates to "Greetings to God".


I really think they are all fun little pieces. I know we'll definitely have them for awhile. There is another Flea Market on my calendar for tomorrow, but sadly I don't think I can make it...I have another appointment to turn in a job application, which is a little more important but a lot less fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment