Monday, May 10, 2010

Apart Again

As of last night, Eric has officially landed safely in San Antonio. And just in time too: apparently about 30 minutes after his flight departed, the airspace above Munich was closed due to the volcanic ash. But he did arrive and is now having a great time in Texas. Eric loved it while he was stationed there, and I loved it when I visited, so I'm very jealous of his "vacation".

After all the time, days & months, we've spent apart, Eric and I have adapted quite well to other means of communication: letters, emails, Facebook, web-cams. Therefore, Skyping with him today actually felt rather natural. He showed me America through the lens on his computer, and I gave him a refresher view of Germany. Last night was a little strange, being in this house alone, but we've spent further lots of time apart (a year--twice!!!--to be exact) and when I look at our friends from Tennessee who are now spending 12 months in Iraq, a week in Texas is a very welcome 7 days indeed.

I do wish he'd hurry home though. But not before buying me a souvenir.

2 comments:

  1. I hope he knows that buying you a souvenir could start a dangerous trend that will last a lifetime. Love your Dad.

    ReplyDelete