Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Great Weekend

Eric and I had such a great past couple days; we really took advantage of the sunny weather and extra daylight hours. Friday night was fairly mellow: we went to bed early after we pigged out on chocolate cake (courtesy me!) and grilled pork chops (courtesy Eric). Then we woke up fairly early Saturday morning, went into town to pick up pastries, and a watering can for our plants, then planned our day.

In keeping with our Saturday traditions lately, we headed to Weiden for some shopping of all sorts. We both got some summery shirts and then headed to BayWa--one of the many many many outdoor/garden super-centers in the area. We loaded our cart with all sorts of things: a few different ground covers, hanging flower boxes, a few more potted flowers and then two giant hanging purple potted petunias (tongue-twister!). We hung those off the awning at our front door and they're so beautiful! You can see them as you're driving up the hill to our house, and I love that I can see them through the window while I'm in the kitchen. Did I mention I bought a big basil plant for the kitchen too? It smells so delicious and fresh in there now.


After doing all that, and touching many varieties of flowers, I had a massive allergy attack. At one point I couldn't even open my eyes. Eric went and bought eye-drops, but I was too scared to do it myself so he pretty much had to hold me down and put them in while I was basically begging for my life. In retrospect it was quite hilarious.

Once I felt better, we had a spontaneous idea to go out dancing that night (we're still celebrating Eric's non-deployment). In lieu of spending a lot of cash on a cab to the closest club, we opted for a cheap hotel that was in walking distance of it. So we headed back to Weiden at around 7, checked into our surprisingly cute hotel then walked to the club a few hours later. We showed up at the door at 10pm, and the bouncers looked super confused and said "party doesn't start til 12:30". What!!!? We haven't stayed up that late in weeks! So we walked back to our hotel, watched some crazy German movie about killer bees, fought to stay awake, then headed back to the bar. It ended up being a really really fun night. We hadn't cute loose in awhile so it was nice to get dressed up and act silly. The hotel ended up costing less than the cab would've, so the night was truly a success.


We woke up at about 9am Sunday, came back home and were totally lazy until about noon or 1. Well, I was totally lazy--Eric actually went to the gym and washed the car, haha. Our friends, Christalin and John, invited us over for a BBQ at their place at three so I baked some cookies, Eric sliced up a big watermelon and we headed over. It was a fun way to spend the last hours of our weekend and we ate some more great food. John's deploying to Afghanistan in a little over a month which is pretty sad, so we're glad to get some good fun in with them before that happens.
It's hard to believe that the weekend is over already but it was probably one of the best ones we've had here.

No comments:

Post a Comment