Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Updates!

There are so many random tidbits of info that I've been meaning to share with everybody, so here goes!

1. We will be moving into our home on February 12th. It was supposed to be ready the end of January, but they are repainting and reflooring, so can we really complain? Also, we are still getting paid extra money to live in the hotel until then. Therefore, it's worth the wait. I am just so anxious to see it and start decorating! I definitely will miss room service though. (I emailed most of you who need our mailing address, send me a note if you would like it!)

2. Eric officially started work yesterday. Yes, yesterday! The Army sure sounds easy huh?! Haha. According to him it went really well and can tell it's going to be a good fit. He really deserves this awesome job (in Europe!!!) after those years and months and days of hell elsewhere.

3. Speaking of Eric's work, we had a Hail & Farewell party this past Thursday. It was a big gathering for the NCO Academy to welcome all the incoming soldiers/families and say goodbyes to all of the soldiers/families who were leaving. It was actually pretty fun, and they gave me a rose! I also got a "Welcome Packet" full of ideas of nearby restaurants and stores compiled by all of the current families that were there; it will really come in handy.

4. We have been hitting up the gym like crazy! I think we've only had 5 days off total since we've moved here. For those of you who know Eric, that sounds about right; but for those of you who know me, this is a new achievement. We've been super active and it feels good! It's not like we have had much of a choice though: no car, needing to walk to get food. Eric has his first PT (fitness) test the end of this month, and I know he's really wanting to make a big impression on his coworkers. I'm sure he'll do great, as always!

5. We made friends! I met a girl on the bus home from Grafenwoehr last week and we hung out a couple times and really hit it off. This past Saturday Eric and I went out with her and her husband, and we had a great time. We actually meant to go to a dance club in Weiden, but somehow (through large miscommunication with each other and the cab driver) ended up at an Italian restaurant in Amberg. We were so confused, and got laughed at by some women--a little embarrassing. But the evening actually ended up being so fun. The food was delicious (I think we ordered 4 platters of bruscetta!) and it gave us a good chance to get to know each other. It was fun doing something social, even if it didn't really go as planned.

6. We are getting our first visitor next month!!! That's right! My mom, Merry, found some really inexpensive tickets and will arrive here in Germany on March 27th! I am so excited and anxious to show off this incredible place to her. Luckily by then we will have our apartment, and hopefully know a little more about getting around. She'll be here for 2 whole weeks so we will have ample time to travel, shop and eat good food! Wow, I am excited!

Hmm, that's all I can remember right now. I swear there was more! Well, I guess I'll just leave you all with a silly photo. We haven't wasted one day where we didn't remind each other how lucky we are to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment