Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

I’ve never really made a habit of making New Year’s resolutions before. Honestly, my only memory of making an actual list was many many years ago, after the family car broke down during a winter vacation, my parents made us write down our resolutions on napkins in a diner as we waited for news from the mechanic. Mine was probably something like: Clean my room once a week. I doubt I even came close to keeping that one.

I usually find resolutions too demanding or unrealistic, and know that I really can’t be trusted to keep such promises to myself. So this year, something a little more concise should do the trick.

This year, I promise to:

Fully experience the many opportunities we have been handed.

This year, I promise not to:

Complain about said experiences while they are happening.



Side note, as I am writing this, Eric is snoring a few feet away. I nudged him awake...

"Hey, do you have a New Year's Resolution?"
"No"
"Oh"
"...or get back in shape."

Creative!! Inspiring!! Oh well...I have a feeling he won't have a hard time keeping that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment