Friday, December 24, 2010

More Christmas Festivities

I know, I know, I haven't updated this at all lately...but honestly there hasn't been too much to say.  But I'll start with some photos of us enjoying the holiday season here.

The Christmas Party for Eric's work was actually really fun.  It was held at this place called MegaPlay, which was pretty much a glorified ChuckECheese's (since there were about 75 children), but we had delicious catered food, Gluhwein, and great conversation with his coworkers and their families.


We've received a couple Christmas presents in the mail!  Just FYI, we aren't sending any out to family this year-just plan on bringing gifts home when we move back-but it's been nice to place a couple packages under the tree.  I even got a couple cute little gifts from kids I teach which was so fun!  Below is Peach sporting his new holiday sweater that my brother Brent sent him (he sent one for Rambo too).  They say "Merry Woof Woof"...totally hilarious!






We've been cooking a lot better-and more regularly.  I found some delicious lowcarb recipes that Eric really loves too!

We've put up some more holiday decor around the house.  It really has helped us feel in the Christmasy-mood...even if it does look slightly pathetic.


We took the train down to Nuremburg for their famous ChristmasMarkt...and wow was it beautiful.  There were dozens upon dozens of booths selling anything from eggnog to ornaments.  It was such a fun experience.





Other than that, it's just been nice to have some time off of work.  I had this whole week, plus next week off, and Eric just worked a couple hours Monday through Wednesday of this week and next...so he's pretty much off too.  We've spent a lot of time at the gym, and with the puppies, and enjoying getting extra sleep!

We've been invited to my coworkers house tomorrow for Christmas dinner, along with a few other people I work with, so that should be fun.  It will be nice to do something for the Holiday even though we are far from family.  I'm baking a corn souffle and my special Kentucky Derby pie, and Eric has even decided to make an appetizer!  Very impressive!   So today and tomorrow should be full of baking, but really nice.  I'm also baking a couple loaves of my mom's "Gift of the Magi Bread" to give as gifts to some of our neighbors.

So all-in-all, not our typical Christmas weekend, but it should be a good one.  It's still slightly surreal that it's actually Christmas and we are actually across the globe from our families...but this was the best choice for us this year.  I'm sure we'll have a celebration when we come back to the states that will feel pretty Christmasy...but being together here in Bavaria for the holidays isn't the worst place to be.

Hope you all are having a Merry Christmas Eve.  I know we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment