Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our Last Visitors

Sorry I haven't written in so long, I feel like whenever we have enough time to sit in relax that the last thing I want to do is type.  So let me catch you all up in the next few posts, starting with when my parents visited last month.

Since our days here are so limited now, it was really great for my mom and dad to have the opportunity to come out here while there's time.  It was a bummer having to work so much while they were here, but the took advantage of the great public transportation system and ended up going to Regensburg and Nuremburg all on their own...not to mention little day trips around our town.  Eric and I were both pretty impressed.  

I took off a few days of work and we went to Weiden for an afternoon then the 4 of us took a weekend trip to Prague.  Even though we had been there before, it was so great.  I don't think I could ever get tired of that city--it's too beautiful and full of interesting things.  We stayed in an apartment like the one we rented with Brent & April, and spent the weekend eating great food, buying souvenirs and just walking through the city.  Even though it was cold out, it was so much nicer than the 100-degree days we experienced there last time. There was an International Chef's Convention happening in the main square one day, which meant delicious treats.  We also returned to the Jewish Cemetery (definitely worth seeing more than once), St. Charles Bridge, the John Lennon Wall, and used the trams to navigate to the open-air markets.  





The rest of their visit was mostly spent in Eschenbach and around our house.  My mom trained the dogs (yay!) to "sit", which has come in very handy for us.  It was nice being at work knowing that the dogs were getting spoiled while we were gone.  Peach and Rambo definitely missed them when they left.  My parents left a couple days early to spend 2 nights in Nuremburg (again, so brave!) so their trip seemed to fly by.  I'm just really glad they could make it out...I have a feeling they'll be back in Europe soon though...or at least sooner than we will be.  

Thanks again Mom & Dad for coming...we appreciated the good food, free dog-sitting, etc etc.  





 



  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment