Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birthday Girl

My birthday was officially yesterday, the 19th, but since we had been together pretty much nonstop for 2 weeks I told Eric that I didn't expect some big surprise gift...and that my little souvenirs + trip to Prague were gift enough. On our way home Sunday we had the following conversation:

Eric: Can we go shopping today and I buy you some shoes?
Bridget: That's one of the most romantic things you've ever said!

So I officially counted that as my gift and expected nothing more. But Eric Clark had other plans!! He came home from work yesterday with a card, chocolate cake, a bag of gifts (new purple fleece winter coat--soooo cute, and a white watch that I've been lusting over forever), and a big bouquet of roses. He even picked each stem out himself and arranged them because you have to buy single flowers at the flower shop here! How precious! I was legitimately surprised and felt super-duper spoiled. He treats me a little too good sometimes, I'm a lucky girl!




Last year my birthday also happened to fall on the day of one of my bridal showers--my oh my what can happen in one year!

Also a belated "Happy Birthday!" to my Mom & Grandma (15th & 18th of July)--I missed not spending our b-day month together!!

(Did I mention that this was my FIRST birthday where Eric and I were together, ever!!!  I do NOT miss us being states/countries apart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment