Friday, June 11, 2010

Bragging

Eric called about an hour ago during a little break to let me know that he passed the night land navigation test!!! He seemed pretty proud of himself and he should be! This was the one part of EFMB that we were both a little worried about but it must be such a relief for him that it's behind him now. Today he just has to retake the written test and then the 12-mile-march. He sounded confident about the test (he's been studying nonstop) and I know the march will go just fine.

I am so glad this training is nearing the very end. He's been pretty exhausted and is definitely ready for a home cooked meal and a real bed to sleep in. I guess last night, as he was wandering in the woods trying to find the points (you're given a map with 4 points and have to find them using your compass etc.) it was during a crazy thunderstorm. He said at one point the lightning flashed so brightly that he thought he went blind. They're given 4 hours to find the points, and he was finished in about 2. When he went back to the room to check in there were already handfuls of people who had just given up and came back to wait out the remaining time. Before that about half of the people had already failed out.

I couldn't be more proud of him and how well he is doing. He impresses me on a regular basis. But now he is coming home tomorrow and I am thrilled! We've been together only 7 days out of the last 4 weeks and I'm glad to get him back to myself. I took his meal requests and today I'm going to stock up on all sorts of good food for his return. It will nice to have a mellow weekend before we get back to our regular schedule on Monday.

Also the dogs woke me up at 2am this morning because something fell down and scared them--which then terrified me. But all is well and now we are trying to keep cool during another verryyyy hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment